Dr. Xiao-Chen Wang
State Key Laboratory of Elemento-Organic Chemis
Weijin Rd. 94, Tianjin 300071
P. R. CHINA
HONORS AND AWARDS
Thieme Chemistry Journals Award, 2021.
Xplorer Prize, 2019.
ACP Lectureship Award, Singapore, 2018.
Research of Excellence Award, University of Maryland, 2012.
Millard and Lee Alexander Graduate Fellowship in Chemistry, University of Maryland, 2012.
Bachelor of Science, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
Research Advisor (2005-2006): Professor Qi-Lin Zhou.
Research Topic: Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Simple Ketones Catalyzed by Chiral Spiro Phosphines-Ligated Ruthenium Complexes.
During 2006-2007, Studied in the National University of Singapore as an exchange student.
Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, United States.
Research Advisor: Professor Michael P. Doyle Research Topic: Asymmetric Catalysis with Metal Carbenes and Lewis Acids; Structural Design and Chemistry of Dirhodium Carboxamidates
Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States.
Research Advisor: Professor Jin-Quan Yu.
Research Topic: Palladium-Catalyzed C-H Functionalizations.
Professor (tenure-track), State Key Laboratory of Elemento-Organic Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
1. Xiao-Chen Wang, Wei Gong, Li-Zhen Fang, Ru-Yi Zhu, Suhua Li, Keary M. Engle, Jin-Quan Yu* “Ligand-Enabled meta-C–H Activation Using a Transient Mediator” Nature, 2015, 519, 334–338.
2. Ru-Yi Zhu, Jian He, Xiao-Chen Wang, Jin-Quan Yu* “Ligand-Promoted Alkylation of C(sp3)–H and C(sp2)–H Bonds” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136 (38), 13194–13197.
3. Xichen Xu, Xiaochen Wang, Yuxiao Liu, Michael P Doyle* “Enantioselective Carbonyl-ene Reactions Catalyzed by Chiral Cationic Dirhodium(II,III) Carboxamidates” J. Org. Chem., 2014, 79 (24), 12185-12190.
4. Ling Chu, Xiao-Chen Wang, Curtis E Moore, Arnold L. Rheingold, and Jin-Quan Yu* “Pd-catalyzed Enantioselective C–H Iodination: Asymmetric Synthesis of Chiral Diarylmethylamines” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135 (44), 16344–16347.
5. Xiao-Chen Wang, Yi Hu, Samuel Bonacorsi, Yang Hong, Richard Burrell, and Jin-Quan Yu* “Pd(II)-catalyzed C–H Iodination Using Molecular I2 as the Sole Oxidant” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135 (28), 10326–10329.
6. Yu Qian, Xinfang Xu, Xiaochen Wang, Peter Y. Zavalij, Wenhao Hu and Michael P. Doyle* "Rhodium(II) and Copper(II) Catalyzed Reactions of Enoldiazoacetates with Nitrones. Metal Carbene versus Lewis Acid Directed Pathways” Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2012, 51 (24), 5900–5903.
7. Xiaochen Wang, Quentin M. Abrahams, Peter Y. Zavalij and Michael P. Doyle* “Highly Regio- and Stereoselective Dirhodium Vinylcarbene-induced Nitrone Cycloaddition with Subsequent Cascade Carbenoid Aromatic Cycloaddition/N-O Cleavage and Rearrangement” Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2012, 51 (24), 5907–5910.
8. Xiaochen Wang, Xinfang Xu, Peter Y. Zavalij and Michael P. Doyle* “Asymmetric Formal [3+3]-Cycloaddition Reactions of Nitrones with Electrophilic Vinylcarbene Intermediates” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133 (41), 16402–16405.
9. Xiaochen Wang, Carolin Weigl, and Michael P. Doyle* “Solvent Enhancement of Reaction Selectivity: A Unique Property of Cationic Chiral Dirhodium Carboxamidates” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133 (24), 9572–9579.
10. Hong Chen,* Song Zuo, Xiaochen Wang, Xiaowei Tang, Ming Zhao, Yanling Lu, and Liting Chen “Synthesis of 4β-triazole-podophyllotoxin derivatives by azide-alkyne cycloaddition and biological evaluation as potential antitumor agents.” Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2011, 46, 4709-4714.
11. Xiaochen Wang, Zhuoyan Li and Michael P. Doyle* “Barriers to Enantiocontrol in Lewis Acid Catalyzed Hetero-Diels–Alder Reactions” Chem. Commun., 2009, 5612-5614.
12. Jian-Hua Xie, Sheng Liu, Wei-Ling Kong, Wen-Ju Bai, Xiao-Chen Wang, Li-Xin Wang and Qi-Lin Zhou* “Highly Enantioselective and Diastereoselective Synthesis of Chiral Amino Alcohols by Ruthenium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Hydrogenation of α-Amino Aliphatic Ketones”J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131 (12), 4222–4223.